Alice Wellinger – Exploring Womanhood Through Surrealism
Austrian illustrator/artist Alice Wellinger produces personal art which is all at once surreal and ironic while addressing the eclectic issues and benchmarks of womanhood.
Artist Spotlight : Alice Wellinger
Her paintings often feature florals, animals and abstract, organic shapes while portraying a story of womanhood and female issues.
Alice’s works have been compared to other famous surrealists, such as Salvador Dali, and illustrators such as Mary Grandpre, as her images bear a passing likeness to both artists though her style is uniquely her own.
In Her Own Words:
“I always try to tell a little story in my pictures – I like when people have something to think about.” – Alice Wellinger
Awards & Recognition
- CQ-Creative Quarterly “100 Best” Annual | 2015
- 3×3 Illustration Annual No.11 | Pro Show, three “Merit Awards” | 2014
- CQ-Creative Quarterly “100 Best” Annual | 2014
- TIDCA Silver award, Taipei|Taiwan | 2013
- Society of Illustrators Annual 56 | 2014
- TASCHEN “100 illustrators” | 2013
- TASCHEN calendar | 2012 and 2013
onarto.com is the leader and first art store dedicated to Thailand contemporary art, promoting more than 200 thai artists around the world. Answering to art collectors and artists, onarto now expand his activiy to promote Asian art and open its boundaries to creative designer, become a tool to connect creatives mind and art doers with art collectors and unique beauty lovers.