Artist Spotlight : Alice Wellinger
Her paintings often feature florals, animals and abstract, organic shapes while portraying a story of womanhood and female issues.
Alice’s works have been compared to other famous surrealists, such as Salvador Dali, and illustrators such as Mary Grandpre, as her images bear a passing likeness to both artists though her style is uniquely her own.
In Her Own Words:
“I always try to tell a little story in my pictures – I like when people have something to think about.” – Alice Wellinger
Awards & Recognition
- CQ-Creative Quarterly “100 Best” Annual | 2015
- 3×3 Illustration Annual No.11 | Pro Show, three “Merit Awards” | 2014
- CQ-Creative Quarterly “100 Best” Annual | 2014
- TIDCA Silver award, Taipei|Taiwan | 2013
- Society of Illustrators Annual 56 | 2014
- TASCHEN “100 illustrators” | 2013
- TASCHEN calendar | 2012 and 2013